The Yorkton Tribal Council Child and Family Services (YTCCFS) Inc. is seeking an enthusiastic dedicated individual to fill the position of Family Enhancement Worker.
The Family Enhancement Worker will provide a holistic approach to the wellness of the child, the family, and the community that is based on the Epistemology of First Nation law, beliefs and practices, the guidance and involvement of Elders and the support of family and community members.
- Bachelor of Social Work (BSW or BISW)
- Four (4) year University undergraduate degree in a related discipline and eighteen
(18) months experience in a human services field
- Certificate in Social Work with 12 months of direct child protection experience
- Certificate in human services field would be a definite asset
- Experience working in human services field.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Working in conjunction with the community programs and services and YTCCFS Inc., this individual must possess the ability to assess and identify at risk families and the ability to refer and engage the appropriate resources.
- Ability to use Professional Judgement and Critical thinking.
- Ability to work with and support the Child and Family Services Authorities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of the Cree, Nakota, Lakota and Saulteaux Culture and the political and social objectives of the YTCCFS Inc. member First Nations.
- Knowledge and understanding of the impacts of colonialism on First Nation people, Indian Residential Schools, Intergenerational trauma and how these factors impact individuals and families; and the influence of the child welfare system in First Nations communities.
- Knowledge and understanding of the differences between the Family Enhancement Program and Protection Program streams.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and possess a reliable vehicle.
- Must be willing to upgrade skills when time and funding permits.
- Must be willing to work evenings and weekends.
- Must be able to sign an “Oath of Confidentiality”.
Only candidates screened in for interview will be contacted.
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUMES WITH THREE (3) WRITTEN REFERENCES TO:
Sharon Green - Human Resources Manager
Yorkton Tribal Council Child and Family Services Inc.
21 Bradbrooke Ave North - Yorkton, SK S3N 3R1
Telephone: (306) 782-8838 Fax: (306) 782-7780
DEADLINE: August 27, 2019 @ 4:30 P.M.